Many pages contain various level of content related rather to older version of engine and tools. Some tutorials cover UT2004 or UnrealEd 3 if you want. Most of the listed designers are pretty active hence you can expect more and more material about current game (UT3) and current version of Unreal Editor.
- Learning Unreal Engine 3 Editor - Waylon's great tutorial - highly recommended for beginners but contain also advanced topics
- Hourences' Tutorials are awesome set of tutorials about general level design as well as UnrealEd techniques. It's not exactly aimed only to beginners and you can find some advanced topics there covered by nice in-depth tutorials.
- AVLD - Arcadia Vincennes Level Design - mainly tutorials about Kismet
- IceCreamYou's Tutorial - outline/TOC-type guide with many links to other resources - good structure, tons of links
- Hazel.H - Tutorials - nice level designer and her tutorials
- Sjosz's site with mostly generic articles about level design
- UT2004 bot pathing tutorial - bit obsolete now but very thourough
- UnrealED Tips and Tricks - few nice tips by Ryan "Morg" Morgan
- Kantham's tutorials
- UT3 Tutorials by Chris Albeluhn
- GasDuck's GoW tutorails - although GoW they are usefull for UT3 as well
- RoboBlitz Editor Wiki - RoboBlitz is UE3 game and so you can partially use this as well
- About Unreal Engine 3 - Video Tutorials - these are video tutorials coming with Unreal Tournament 3 Collector's Edition. I guess 3D Buzz will soon have them on his site as well because now sites like this can obtain hits that should go on http://www.3dbuzz.com. (You might ask why I put the link here… well you would find the way there anyway, wouldn't you? :-))
- Unreal Engine Gears of War Mod Tutorials - video tutorials by cannedmushrooms - although they are about GoW, it's usable for UT3UEd as well - check also his other channels - many of them may be usefull for you (Maya, Blender, Zbrush)
- 3D Buzz video tutorials - however these are for UT2004. You need to be registered but it's worth it. There are videos for UT3 as well - so far available only with Collectors Edition of UT3 I guess.
Other Resources about UEd and Level design
- Public Topics about UE3 on UDN (Unreal Developer Network). You can find the same stuff also on UDN beta - UE3 index - probably more stuff is available on the beta site.
- Unreal Wiki hosted by BeyondUnreal. Much older than this one - and also a bit chaotic I dare to say. :-)
- UTModding.com is even younger community site than this one :-) and it provides also some interesting tutorials
- Game Development and Modding Source - UT3 modding related forums, links to cannedmushrooms' video tutorials, various plugin downloads (ActorX, …)
Other level design sites, reviews, mapping sites
- Insite - The Bottom Line on Unreal Level Design. Serious level reviews here.
- Nalicity - map downloads and reviews with user comments and ratings (often extremely biased ;-))
- Mapraider - map database, you can comment, rate or review maps
- Ultimate Community Mappack site
- Community Bonus Pack - their new site for UT3
- BeyondUnreal is the best Unreal related site - you can find helpfull people on their forums - or try directly Mapping section of the forums or check their UnrealWiki (it's mixing information from all versions of Unreal)
- Epic Games Forums UT3 section
- Unreal Playground - another site with UT3 forums
- Unreal Admin site - you can find something usefull here as well (forums, wiki)
- UT3 on Planet Unreal